- 3/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 30 Unwrapped Chewy Caramels
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour/ Plain Flour
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and line an 8" X 8" pan with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a saucepan over low-medium heat melt the caramels and heavy cream. Watch carefully as they can burn easily. Once melted set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix brown sugar, melted butter, and peanut butter. Add flour, oats, and baking soda and mix until just combined.
- Press half of the mixture into the pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Take the pan out of the oven after 10 minutes and sprinkle chocolate chips on top of the dough. Then pour the melted caramel on top. Sprinkle the rest of the dough on top and bake for another 15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Let cool completely before slicing into bars. Store leftovers in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oat and caramel dessert, chocolate oat bar recipe