An easy Oat Peanut butter base is topped with Chocolate and tons of oozing Caramel, you will love these Peanut Butter Carmelitas.
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 30 unwrapped caramels
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter melted (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 15 Rolo’s
- 1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and line an 8 X 8 pan with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a saucepan over low-medium heat melt the caramels and heavy cream. Watch carefully as they can burn easily. Once melted set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix brown sugar, melted butter, and peanut butter. Add flour, oats, and baking soda and mix until just combined.
- Press half of the mixture into the pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Take pan out of the oven after 10 minutes. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of the dough. Then pour the melted caramel on top. Sprinkle rest of dough on top and bake for another 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Let cool completely otherwise you will have a hot gooey mess.
Keywords: oat and caramel dessert, chocolate oat bar recipe