Peanut Butter Brownies start with a thick and chewy brownie recipe that is filled with a layer of peanut butter in the middle then more peanut butter swirled on top. Your peanut butter friends will love this brownie recipe! Step-by-step photos help you make these pb brownies!
- 2oz (1/4 Cup) Water
- 1oz (2 Tbsp) Unsalted Butter
- 250 Grams(1 1/4 cups) Granulated Sugar
- 90 Grams (Scant Cup) Bensdorp Dutch Cocoa Powder
- 3oz (scant 1/3 cup) Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg Yolk and 1 Large Egg, at room temp.
- 1/8 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch/ Cornflour
- 60 Grams (scant 1/2 cup) All-Purpose/ Plain Flour
- 4oz Chocolate (chips, chunks, or bars chopped)
- 6oz (3/4 Cup) Creamy Peanut Butter (For baking I prefer brands like Jif or Skippy)
- Preheat your oven to 350F/180C and line a 9X9 or 8X8 square pan with foil and grease heavily.
- In a large pot add the water, butter, sugar, and cocoa powder. Cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes until it is all combined together. Take off of the heat and add the oil and vanilla extract.
- Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes then add the egg and egg yolk. Whisk to combine.
- Add the baking soda, salt, cornstarch, and mix to combine. Gently add the flour by using a spatula to fold in until just combined. Do not over mix, this will affect the end product.
- Pour 2/3rds of the batter into the pan and use an angled spatula to spread it out, scoop 4oz (1/2 Cup) of the peanut butter on top of the batter and use an angled spatula to gently spread it into one even layer, as best as you can. Pour the remaining brownie batter on top and then place the remaining peanut butter in chunks then use a butter knife to gently swirl up and down then across, but do not overmix or you won't have the pretty peanut butter swirls.
- Bake 25-35 minutes. Everyone’s oven is different, for me, the brownies always bake within 29-31 minutes, but I would start checking at 25 minutes for your oven. Don't overbake the brownies. You want a toothpick in the center to come out with moist crumbs, not completely dry. Place the pan on a wire rack to cool completely before cutting.
- Store in an air-tight container on the counter for up to 4 days.
- Doubling the recipe- I have done it a couple of times in a 9X13 inch pan, I can't remember the exact oven time. I would start checking the brownies at 31 minutes and gauge how much longer- 5 more minutes..etc. I will update when I make them double again.
- Olive Oil- I have made this recipe with olive oil instead of vegetable oil, while not economical I was in a pinch and it worked beautifully!
Keywords: peanut butter swirled brownies, peanut butter brownie recipe, pb brownies