- 1-9 inch Pie Crust (half of this brown butter pie crust)
- 3 Medium Peaches, peeled and sliced
- 6oz Raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 Medium Lemon
- 75 grams Granulated Sugar
- 75 grams Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Butter or Regular Butter
- Egg Wash (1 Egg mixed with water)
- 3 Tablespoons Demura sugar
- To make the filling start with peeling and slicing your peaches. Then add in raspberries, I used frozen but you can use fresh as well. Over the fruit squeeze, a medium lemon, getting all the juice you can out of it. Then sprinkle granulated sugar, brown sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Toss lightly to combine. Set aside while you roll out your crust.
- Flour a surface area, I use a Silpat countertop workspace. Place a 16-inch piece of parchment paper down and start by rolling your pie crust out to around a 13-inch circle on top of the parchment. Once the brown butter crust is rolled out transfer the parchment and crust to a large baking sheet.
- Using a slotted spoon to drain the liquid from the fruit, add the fruit to the center of the crust. Gently fold the outside 2 inches up on over the fruit to make sure the crust is holding all of the fillings in. Place the baking sheet in the fridge to let everything set for 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 425F. Before baking add the 2tbsp of butter, cut up into small chunks, then brush the pie crust with an egg wash ( egg and water) I use a silicone pastry brush. You can sprinkle on thick sugar, demura sugar if you want. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Let cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes. This is best served with vanilla ice cream!
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 35
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: peach raspberry galette recipe, brown butter galette recipe, summer fruit galette