- 1 Recipe Sweet Shortcrust Pastry
- 3oz (6 Tablespoons) Butter, at room temperature
- 100 grams (1/2 Cup) Granulated Sugar/ Caster Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Almond Extract
- 94 grams (1 Cup) Almond Flour
- 1 Tablespoon All-Purpose/ Plain Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Custard Powder*
- 2 Small/Medium Peaches, medium-thin sliced
- 50 grams (1/4 Cup) Turbinado Sugar
- Prepare the sweet shortcrust pastry according to the recipe up until the baking step. This is the tart pan I use it is 9.5 inches X 1 inches. Cover with parchment paper and fill with pie weights to blind bake it halfway. Bake at 375F/191C for 15 minutes.
- While the crust is baking in a large bowl with a handheld mixer or a bowl of a stand mixer add the softened butter and granulated sugar. Beat on high until very light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well in between add the vanilla extract and almond extract. Gently fold in the almond flour, all-purpose flour, and custard powder, mixing until just combined.
- When the shortbread crust has baked for 13 minutes take it out of the oven and gently remove parchment and pie weights. Add the frangipane filling and use an offset spatula to gently spread into an even layer. Place the thinly sliced peaches on top. Sprinkle turbinado sugar on top
- Bake for another 30 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown and no longer wet on top, I use a shield to prevent the edges from browning too much. Let the tart cool on a wire rack for at least 45 minutes before taking it out of the tin. Dust with confections sugar, Serve on its own or with fresh whipped cream or ice cream and save leftovers in an airtight container.
You can make your own pie shield by taking 4 strips of foil that are lightly greased and placing them on the crust while baking.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 40
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peaches and almond tart, almond peach tart