- 2oz (1/4 Cup) Water
- 1oz (2 Tbsp) Unsalted Butter
- 250 grams(1 1/4 cups) Granulated Sugar
- 90 grams (Scant Cup) Bensdorp Dutch Cocoa Powder
- 3oz (scant 1/3 cup) Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg Yolk and 1 Large Egg, at room temp.
- 1/8 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch/ Cornflour
- 60 grams (scant 1/2 cup) All-Purpose/ Plain Flour
- 4oz Chocolate (chips, chunks, or bars chopped)
- 20 Oreo Cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350F/180C and line a 9X9 or 8X8 square pan with foil and grease heavily.
- In a large pot add the water, butter, sugar and cocoa powder. Cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes until it is all combined together. Take off heat and let cool for five minutes. Then add the oil.
- Let sit for another couple of minutes then add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Whisk to combine, make sure everything is evenly combined.
- Add the baking soda, salt, cornstarch, and mix to combine. Gently add the flour and chocolate chips by using a spatula to fold in until just combined. Do not over mix, this will affect the end product.
- Pour half of the batter into prepared pan then lay down 16 Oreos (in a 4X4 pattern) pour remaining brownie batter on top and use a spatula to spread into an even layer to make sure all Oreos are covered. Using clean hands crush the remaining 4 Oreos into chunks and press on top of brownie batter. Bake for 25-35 minutes. Everyone’s oven is different, for me, the brownies always bake within 29-31 minutes, but I would start checking at 25 minutes for your oven. Don't overbake the brownies. You want a toothpick in the center to come out with moist crumbs, not completely dry. Place the pan on a wire rack to cool completely before cutting.
- Store in an air-tight container on the counter for up to 4 days.
- Doubling the recipe- I have done it a couple of times in a 9X13 inch pan, I can't remember the exact oven time. I would start checking the brownies at 31 minutes and gauge how much longer- 5 more minutes..etc. I will update when I make them double again.
- Olive Oil- I have made this recipe with olive oil instead of vegetable oil, while not economical I was in a pinch and it worked beautifully!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 31
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oreo brownie recipe, easy oreo brownies, oreo chocolate brownies