Perfectly golden brown French toast is stuffed with Nutella and strawberries then topped with whipped cream and chocolate shavings. Step-by-step photos teach you how to make this extra special brunch recipe!
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 Tablespoons Confectioners Sugar
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 2 cups Strawberries, sliced
- 1 Cadbury's Dairymilk Chocolate Bar
- 6 Slices Brioche Style Bread or Van de Kamp French Toast Bread (stale or dried out)
- 9oz (Just over 1 Cup) Whole Milk (or Half Low Fat Milk + Half & Half)
- 1oz (2 Tablespoons) Unsalted Butter
- 2 Large Egg Yolks
- 2 Tablespoons Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer or in a large bowl with an electric mixer with the whisk attachment on, add the cream and powdered sugar. Beat on low at first so the sugar combines without a storm then gradually go to the high setting and beat until stiff peaks form. Place whipped cream in the fridge until ready to use. While cream is whipping I sliced my strawberries and got the Nutella ready and used a vegetable peeler to create chocolate shavings from the chocolate bar.
- If the brioche bread is not stale then you need to dry it out to get rid of some of the moisture- otherwise, you will end up with a soggy french toast recipe. To dry the bread heat the oven to 350F/180C and place the slices in a single layer on a baking sheet, bake for 10 minutes then flip to the other side and bake for another 5 minutes. Let bread cool.
- In a large pot add the milk and butter. Cook over low medium heat just until the butter is melted. Take the pan off the heat and set the pot aside to cool.
- Once cooled add in egg yolks and vanilla extract whisking to combine. Next mix in the brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large skillet melt a little butter, I like to let it melt slowly and kind of brown. While butter is browning place a slice of the brioche bread in the custard letting it sit for about 8-10 seconds on each side. Place in the warm pan with butter and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes per side. Do not cook too many pieces in the same pan. Instead, turn the oven on to 200F/93C and place the cooked French toast on a baking tray to keep warm while you cook the rest.
- Place a slice of French toast on a plate then spread on a tablespoon of Nutella, next sprinkle on some strawberries then place the second slice of French toast on top to create the sandwich. Add fresh whipped cream on to and serve immediately.
Keywords: Nutella stuffed french toast, strawberry french toast,