Incredibly rich and fudgy these Nutella brownies are a dream! Thick and full of Nutella in the brownie batter and more Nutella swirled on top, these brownies are for chocolate lovers! Step-by-step photos teach you how to bake this Nutella Brownie recipe.
- 2oz (1/4 Cup) Water
- 1oz (2 Tbsp) Unsalted Butter
- 200 Grams(1 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 90 Grams (Scant Cup) Bensdorp Dutch Cocoa Powder
- 10oz (1 1/4 Cups) Nutella, divided
- 3oz (scant 1/3 cup) Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 1/8 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch/ Cornflour
- 60 Grams (scant 1/2 cup) All-Purpose/ Plain Flour
- Preheat your oven to 350F/180C and line a 9X9 or 8X8 square pan with foil and grease heavily.
- In a large pot add the water, butter, sugar, and cocoa powder. Cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes until it is all combined together. Remove from the heat and mix in 8oz (1 Cup) Nutella, the mixture will be very thick. Then add the oil and vanilla extract, this will take a minute or two to mix in, that's fine. Just get it mostly combined then let sit for five minutes before adding the eggs.
- Add the eggs, one at a time. Make sure to mix well, so no trace of the egg is left behind.
- Add the baking powder, salt, cornstarch, and mix to combine. Gently add the flour by using a spatula to fold in until just combined, just before there are no flour streaks. Do not over mix, this will affect the end product.
- Pour into prepared pan then dollop the remaining 2oz (1/4 cup) Nutella and use a butter knife to swirl lightly. Bake for 25-35 minutes. Everyone’s oven is different and depending on what size pan you use, for me in an 8-inch pan, the brownies always bake within 29-31 minutes, but I would start checking at 25 minutes for your oven.
- Don't overbake the brownies. You want a toothpick in the center to come out with moist crumbs, not completely dry. Place the pan on a wire rack to cool completely before cutting. Store in an air-tight container on the counter for up to 4 days.
Keywords: chocolate hazelnut brownie recipe, easy nutella brownie recipe