- 250 Grams (2 Cups) Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 50 grams (1/4 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 6 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted
- 24oz (1 1/2 lbs) Cream Cheese, completely softened to room temperature
- 225 grams (1 Cup + 2 Tablespoons) Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 3oz (Scant 1/2 Cup) Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 Large Eggs + 2 Large Egg Yolks, at room temperature
- Optional: Homemade Whipped Cream Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and line a 9-inch X 13-inch pan with parchment paper and grease with non-stick baking spray.
- In a small bowl combine crushed graham cracker crumbs and granulated sugar. Once evenly combined add melted butter to the crumbs. Mix until a wet sand texture is formed. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 5-8 minutes to set the crust. Let cool on a wire rack and reduce oven temperature to 300F/ 149C.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or a large bowl with a hand-held electric mixer beat the cream cheese for 3 minutes at low speed. It should be smooth with no lumps. Add the granulated sugar and salt then beat for another 2 minutes on low speed. Add the sour cream, lemon juice, and vanilla extract- mixing until fully combined. Make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl to ensure everything is evenly combined.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the final two egg yolks together. You should have a creamy batter with no lumps and no signs of egg yolk. Pour into the prepared pan and gently tap on the counter to encourage any air bubbles to come to the top, use a toothpick to pop any bubbles.
- Place the cheesecake bars in the oven on the middle rack then place a large pan filled with hot water on the bottom rack, this helps create a steamy, moist environment for the cheesecake to bake in. Which helps prevent cracks.
- Bake for 35- 40 minutes, the middle 2-3 inches of the cheesecake should jiggle just a little bit. I like to use an instant-read thermometer to check the internal temperature is 150F-155F or 65C-68C but be careful when you poke as if you are not covering the top in whipped cream you will see the mark.
- Turn the oven off and open the door but let the cheesecake cool in the oven for 45 minutes - 1 hour then cool it on a wire rack for another hour. Then wrap the cheesecake with plastic wrap. Let chill in the fridge overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- If you used a pan with a removable bottom then you can easily remove the bars from the pan or use the parchment paper overhang to help you remove them from the pan. Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cool/ Chill Time: 8 Hours
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: ny cheesecake bars, new york style cheesecake bars, creamy cheesecake bars