Brown Butter and Vanilla Pudding Mix make these chocolate chip cookies my favorite! You will love this recipe, while it does require chill time you will see it is well worth it! My favorite chocolate chip cookies recipe will be your new favorite!
- 1 1/3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 small box vanilla pudding
- 14 tbsp unsalted butter (1 3/4 sticks)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cups dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt and pudding mix together and set aside.
- To brown the butter cook the first 10 tbsp butter over low to medium heat. Swirl it every so often. Continue cooking the butter until you get a nutty aroma. The scent is nutty yet caramel-y. The process will take around 5 minutes.
- Pour the brown butter into the bowl of an electric mixer or a heatproof bowl. Mix in the last 4 tablespoons of butter. Mix until completely dissolved in the brown butter.
- Add in the vanilla, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Mix until fully combined and continue to beat for 5 full minutes. Add egg and egg yolk mix for 3 minutes.
- Mix in the flour mixture until fully combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Either cover with plastic wrap and chill in a bowl inside the fridge for 2 hours or roll out the balls and place on a flat sheet, cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with a Silpat liner, if using. If you have already rolled dough then just place dough balls on the sheet or roll out dough into 3 tbsp size balls. I use a cookie scoop to create uniform cookies. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Mine baked for 11 minutes exactly, you want the dough to be set but still shiny and not completely set, this creates a chewier soft cookie. Cook longer if you like a more crunchy cookie.
Keywords: chocolate chip pudding cookies, easy chocolate chip cookie recipe