- 115 grams (1 Cup) Pecans, divided
- 125 grams (1 Cup) All-Purpose/ Plain Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Unsalted Butter, softened
- 60 grams (1/2 Cup) Powdered/ Confectioners Sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 90 grams (3/4 Cup) Powdered/ Confectioners Sugar
- Preheat oven to 325F/ 163C and line a baking sheet with a Silpat liner or parchment paper.
- In a food processor blend half of the pecans into a fine crumb pour into a clean bowl then add remaining pecans and blend for just a few seconds to break the pieces into medium-small size. Add to the fine crumb pecans.
- Add the flour and salt to the crushed pecans and whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl with a handheld mixer or bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment beat the butter and powdered sugar together until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the vanilla and almond extract, mixing to combine.
- Gently mix in the dry ingredients, stop mixing when it starts to clump up. Use your hands or a spatula to gently press the mixture together.
- Using a tablespoon scoop the dough then roll into balls. Place two inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool on tray for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack. Let cookies cool for an additional 20 minutes then roll in a deep dish filled with remainig powdered sugar. Let cookies cool completely then roll in confectioners sugar again.Store cookies in an air-tight container.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: mexican wedding cookies, russian tea cakes, snowballs cookie recipe