- 16oz (1lb) Cream Cheese, completely softened to room temperature
- 16oz (1lb) Mascarpone, completely softened to room temperature
- 300 grams (1 1/2 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 4 Large Eggs + 1 Large Egg Yolks, at room temperature
- Optional: Homemade Whipped Cream Recipe, Mixed Berry Compote, or Salted Caramel Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C and grease a 9-inch springform pan then set aside.
- In a small bowl combine crushed graham cracker crumbs and granulated sugar. Once evenly combined add melted butter to the crumbs. Mix until a wet sand texture is formed. Press into the bottom and slightly up upsides of the prepared pan. Bake for 5-8 minutes to set the crust. Let cool on a wire rack and reduce oven temperature to 325F/ 162C.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or large bowl with a hand-held electric mixer beat the cream cheese for 3 minutes at low speed. It should be smooth with no lumps. Add the granulated sugar and beat for another 2 minutes on low speed. Add the sour cream, vanilla beans, lemon zest, and vanilla extract- mixing until fully combined. Make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl to ensure everything is evenly combined.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. You should have a creamy batter with no lumps. Pour into prepared pan. Place a 9-inch springform pan in a 10-inch cake pan- place the cake pan in the roasting pan and fill the roasting pan with hot water halfway up the sides of the cake pan. This prevents ANY water from getting in the cheesecake and you don't have to wrap everything with foil.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes to 1 hour and 35 minutes, the middle 2 inches of the cheesecake should jiggle just a little bit. I like to use an instant-read thermometer to check the internal temperature is 140-145F- but be careful when you poke as if you are not covering the top in whipped cream you will see the mark.
- Turn the oven off and open the door so it is cracked open, let the cheesecake cool in the oven for 1 hour then take it out of the roasting pan and cool on a wire rack for another hour. Then wrap the cheesecake with plastic wrap. Let chill in the fridge overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- When ready to serve use a small angled spatula to gently loosen the cheesecake from the springform pan, if moving the cheesecake from the bottom of the pan to a serving plate then use the spatula to gently loosen the crust as well then use two large spatulas to move the cheesecake. Serve with the desired topping. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cool Time: 8 Hours
- Cook Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cheesecake with mascarpone, cream cheese and mascarpone cheesecake