Marble Bundt Cake
- 375 grams (3 Cups) All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 12oz (1 1/2 Cups) Unsalted Butter, softened to room temperature
- 500 grams (2 1/2 Cups) Granulated Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 5 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Sour Cream, at room temperature
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Buttermilk, at room temperature
- 33 grams (1/3 Cup) Dutch-process Cocoa Powder
- 2oz (55 Grams) Dark Chocolate, melted and slightly cooled
- 3 Tablespoons Milk
Chocolate Ganache Glaze
- 6oz (3/4 Cup) Heavy Whipping Cream/ Double Cream
- 175 grams (1 Cup) Dark or Semi-Sweet Chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Light Corn Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C and heavily grease a bundt pan, I used this Nordicware Brilliance Pan that needs to be greased in all the nooks and crannies otherwise the cake will stick. I like to use Baker's Joy or Baking Spray.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or a large bowl with a handheld electric mixer on medium speed combine the butter and sugar for 4-5 minutes, so it's nice and fluffy. Add in the vanilla extract then eggs one at a time, making sure to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- In a small bowl mix sour cream and buttermilk.
- To the butter mixture add 1/3 of the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined, then 1/2 of the wet ingredients, then repeat with the remaining ingredients ending with the dry ingredients.
- Scoop two cups of cake batter into another medium bowl and add in the cocoa powder, melted chocolate and milk then mix until just combined.
- I used a large ice cream scoop to add one scoop of vanilla cake batter, then a scoop of chocolate, and alternating until full. You can then use a butter knife to gently swirl the cake, sometimes I do this, other times I don't. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Depending on the bundt cake pan you use the bake time will need to be adjusted, a wider bundt cake will cook quicker than a deeper bundt cake. Let the marble cake cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes then I use a small angled spatula to gently release the cake from the pan then place a wire rack on top of the cake and flip over to invert the cake onto the cooling rack.
- In a small saucepan add the cream and cook over medium heat for a couple of minutes to warm it, you don't want to boil it though.
- In a large bowl add the chocolate and corn syrup then pour the warmed cream directly over it. Let it sit untouched for 5 minutes then using a whisk mix well together until a shiny homogenous chocolate ganache is formed. Store in the freezer for 20 minutes, I stir every 5 minutes or so, to chill the ganache and thicken it a bit.
- When ready to use I like to pour it into a measuring cup with a pour spout to easily drizzle it on the cake. Store the cake in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. If you are in a very warm environment I would store it in the fridge but let sit at room temperature for 30-60 minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 45
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: how to make a marble bundt cake, marble bundt cake recipe, easy marble bundt cake