Maple Apple Bread is chock full of apple chunks, lovely spices a moist crumb and a thick maple glaze. This easy recipe will be your new favorite quick bread.
- 250 Grams (2 cups) All-Purpose Flour
- 50 Grams (1/2 cup) quick oats
- 150 Grams (3/4 cup) Brown Sugar
- 50 Grams (1/4 cup) Granulated Sugar
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves & salt
- 1/4 tsp allspice & nutmeg
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temp.
- 4oz (1/2 cup) Greek Yogurt
- 5.5oz (2/3 cup) Milk
- 2.5oz (1/3 cup)Vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 large apples, cut into small chunks
- 63 Grams (1/2 cup) All-Purpose Flour
- 50 Grams (1/4 cup) Brown Sugar
- 4oz (8 tbsp) Unsalted Butter, at room temp.
- 25 Grams (1/4 cup) quick oats
- Pinch cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves
- 135 Grams (1 heaping cup) powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 1 tbsp hot water
- Preheat oven to 375F and heavily grease a 9X5 loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, quick oats, sugars, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together eggs, greek yogurt, milk, oil, and vanilla. Slowly mix in dry ingredients, just until no flour streaks remain. Fold in apple chunks.
- To make the topping in a medium bowl mix flour, brown sugar, butter, oats, a pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- Fill the loaf pan with the batter and sprinkle crumble topping on. Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in comes out clean. Place on wire rack to cool.
- In a small bowl mix together powdered sugar, maple syrup, maple extract and hot water. If too thin add a tsp of water at a time to reach desired consistency. Drizzle on top of bread, let sit for 20 minutes before slicing so the glaze can set.
Keywords: maple apple recipe, moist apple bread, fall baking, maple glaze