- 266 grams (1 1/3 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 3 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 6oz (3/4 Cup) Whole Milk, at room temperature
- 2oz (1/4 Cup) Limoncello or Grand Marnier
- 2oz (1/4 Cup) Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 8oz (1 Cup) Good Quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 250 grams (2 Cups) All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- Preheat the oven to 325F/163C and heavily grease a 9-inch springform pan, and set aside. If you use a normal cake pan I would suggest lining the pan with parchment paper to help you more easily remove it from the pan once baked.
- In a large bowl or in the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment on low-medium speed combine sugar and lemon zest. I like to use my fingers to rub the lemon zest into the sugar granules, do this for a minute or two. Add the eggs, whole milk, Limoncello, and fresh lemon juice, and whisk to combine. While the mixer is on low speed slowly stream in the olive oil until combined, or in a large bowl whisk in a little bit at a time.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low until just combined, don't overmix.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, until the cake is done. You can test it is done by slightly pressing the top of the cake and if it bounces back the cake is done, you will notice the edges of the cake are pulling away from the sides of the pan. You can also insert a toothpick into the center of the cake to see if there is any wet batter. Take the cake out of the oven and place it on a wire rack to cool for 30 minutes then release the cake from the springform pan to cool completely on the rack.
- Dust the cake with confectioner's sugar and store in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Colavita Extra Virgin Olive OilBuy Now →
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 60
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Zesty lemon olive oil cake, how to make a lemon olive oil cake