Lemon Curd Loaf Cake is the perfect afternoon treat. Serve with a cup of tea, you just cant beat lemon cake. This lemon cake is swirled with lemon curd all throughout for an extra tangy sweet dessert! Use homemade or store-bought lemon curd!
- 188 Grams (1 1/2 cup) All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 200 Grams (1 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Zest (Roughly 2 medium lemons)
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Unsalted Butter, at room temp.
- 2oz (1/4 Cup) Vegetable Oil
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temp.
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 4oz (1/2 cup) Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream
- 4oz (1/2 cup) Lemon Curd (Homemade or Store-bought)
- 125 Grams (1 Cup) powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
- Splash of Cream
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and grease a 9X5 loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer or large bowl with a handheld mixer combine sugar and lemon zest for 3-4 minutes- this helps infuse the sugar with a stronger depth of lemon flavor.
- Add the butter and mix for 3-4 minutes, so it's nice and fluffy. Then the oil and mix for another minute or two.
- Next, add the eggs one at a time. Mix in lemon juice (mixture make look curdled that is totally fine). Add the Greek yogurt, mix to combine. Gently fold in the dry mixture.
- Place 1/3 of lemon loaf batter in the prepared pan and place 1/3 of lemon curd in dollops on top use a butter knife to slightly swirl the curd, repeat two more times ending with lemon curd.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes then place a piece of foil on top to prevent the lemon curd from turning to dark back for an additional 10-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean** Let cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes before inverting out of the pan, carefully flip right side up and let cool for an additional 30 minute before starting glaze.
- While the cake is cooling prepare lemon glaze. In a bowl combine powdered sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and, heavy cream. Drizzle on top of the cake when it is completely cool. Store cake in an airtight container, store in the fridge to last longer.
***While most everyone has had success with this recipe a few readaers complained of an underbaked cake. So I recently made the cake again, at 30 minutes I added a lightly greased piece of foil on top of the cake to cover it and prevent it from browning too much. Then I let it cook for another 20 minutes, at this point the cake was perfectly done. I do find that doing less swirling to the outside edges of the cake helps prevent any super dark spots on the cake from the lemon curd.
Keywords: lemon curd cake, lemon loaf, dessert recipe