- 8oz (1 Cup) Unsalted Butter, cooled to cool room temperature
- 150 grams (3/4 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 1 Medium Lemon, zested
- 1 Large Egg, at room temperature
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 281 grams (2 1/4 Cups) All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Cornstarch
- 4oz-6oz (1/2-3/4 Cup) Lemon Curd, homemade lemon curd or store-bought
- Powdered Sugar, optional
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment or a large bowl with a handheld mixer, beat the sugar, butter, and lemon zest for a couple of minutes until you have a light fluffy mixture. Scrape the sides of the bowl then add in the egg and vanilla extract and mix until fully combined. Add in the flour, salt, and cornstarch and mix until just combined, be careful not to overmix the batter.
- Using a tablespoon scoop the dough into balls, and then using the back of a teaspoon or the handle of a wooden spoon or your thumb present indentation into the cookie dough, place them on the baking sheet lined with a silicone liner, two inches apart then add a half teaspoon dollop of lemon curd into each cavity, making sure not to overfill it too much.
- Place the cookie sheets in the freezer and turn the oven on to 350F/180C. Let the cookies chill while the oven is preheating then cook the cookies for 9 to 11 minutes until just lightly golden brown on the sides. Let cool for five minutes before transferring to a wire rack to call completely then dust in confectioner sugars. Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to three days.
KitchenAid Stand Mixer 6 QuartBuy Now →
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Chill Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 11 Minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lemon curd thumbprint cookies, cookies with lemon curd,