Lemon Cupcakes & Lemon Cream Frosting make a delightful summer cake. Easy Lemon Cake mix is topped with a light lemony cream cheese frosting finished with fresh berries.
- 1 box Lemon Cake Mix
- 1 small box Lemon Pudding Mix
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup sour cream/ greek yogurt
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
Lemon Cream Frosting
- 16oz Cream Cheese, at room temp.
- 1 scant cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a cupcake tin with liners, set aside.
- In a large bowl/bowl of electric mixer combine cake mix, pudding mix, lemon juice, oil, sour cream and eggs until no lumps or flour streaks remain.
- Fill liners 2/3 full with batter and bake for 15-18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes then place cupcakes on wire rack to cool completely.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment beat cream cheese for two minutes. Add in powdered sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest and mix until fully combined. With mixer on slowly whisk in heavy whipping cream mix until nice and fluffy. Pipe on to cupcakes and garnish with fresh berries. Store in fridge.
Keywords: lemon cupcakes, lemon frosting, cupcake recipe, mini cake, doctored up cake mix,