Chewy and delicious, no cake mix need! These Lemon Crinkle Cookies will be a hit at your next party!
- 8oz (1 Cup) Unsalted Butter, softened to room temperature
- 300 Grams (1 1/2 Cups) Granulated/ Caster Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Zest
- 1 Large Egg + 1 Large Egg Yolk, at room temperature
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Lemon Extract
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 375 Grams (3 Cups) All-Purpose Flour/ Plain Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoon Cornstarch/ Cornflour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 120 Grams (1 Cup) Confectioners Sugar/Powdered Sugar
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or a large bowl with a handheld electric whisk beat the butter, sugar, and lemon zest together for 2-3 minutes. Make sure to scrape down the bowl so everything is evenly combined. Add the whole egg and mix to combine, again scraping the bowl, add the egg yolk, lemon juice, and lemon and vanilla extracts. Mix until fully combined, again scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure its all distributed evenly.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, salt, cornstarch, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, mix until just combined. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill the dough for at least 2 hours or up to 4 days.
- When ready to bake preheat the oven to 350F/180C. In a small but deep bowl add the powdered sugar. Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop 1.5 tablespoons of cookie dough, then roll together and dunk in powdered sugar, I like to pat the powdered sugar on to really ensure a thick layer of powdered sugar stays on. Place cookies on a baking sheet two-three inches apart and bake for 9-11 minutes until cookies are just set. Set the cookie sheet on a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes. Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Keywords: lemon dessert recipes, lemon cookie recipe