Lemon Creme Brûlée is perfect for springtime, make this easy dessert ahead of time and wow your guests as you serve it up in minutes!
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Zest of one large lemon
- Juice of one large lemon
- 1/4 tsp lemon extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- Blow Torch
- Preheat oven to 325F and get a large roasting pan and 6 ramekins out and ready to use.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat mix the heavy cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon extract and vanilla extract.. Let cook until boiling, then remove from heat and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine sugar and egg yolks. Beat on high until they start to turn a paler yellow color. Then, slowly add the cream in small increments continually stirring. Once fully incorporated pour cream evenly into ramekins. Place ramekins in a large roasting pan and then fill the pan with water until about halfway up the ramekins. Bake for 40-50 minutes, you want the middle to be set but still have a little give, not super giggly. Take the ramekins out of the water bath and let cool for 20 minutes then refrigerate for at least 3 hours or up to 4 days.
- Right before serving sprinkle 2 tsp of the sugar on top of each creme brûlée and using a kitchen torch burn the sugar.
* I often make Creme Brulee the day before I want to serve it, then right before serving I just take the ramekin out of the fridge sprinkle on some sugar and torch it.
Keywords: make ahead dessert recipe, french lemon dessert