Lemon Pound Cake
- 375 grams (3 Cups) All-Purpose/ Plain Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 12oz (1 1/2 Cup) Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 500 grams (2 1/2 Cups) Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Freshly Grated Lemon Zest (This is the zester I use)
- 4 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 2oz (1/4 Cup) Fresh Lemon Juice
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Sour Cream, at room temperature
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Buttermilk, at room temperature
- 50 grams (1/4 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 2oz (4 Tablespoons) Lemon Juice
- 188 grams (1 1/2 Cups) Powdered/ Confectioner's Sugar, sifted
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- Splash of Cream or Milk
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C and heavily grease a bundt pan, I used this Nordicware Brilliance Pan that needs to be greased in all the nooks and crannies otherwise the cake will stick. I like to use Baker's Joy or Baking Spray.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or a large bowl with a handheld electric mixer combine the butter, sugar, and lemon zest for 4-5 minutes, so it's nice and fluffy. Add in the eggs one at a time.
- In a small bowl mix sour cream, buttermilk, and lemon juice.
- To the butter mixture add 1/3 of the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined, then 1/2 of the wet ingredients, then repeat with the remaining ingredients ending with the dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and use a spatula to smooth the top into an even layer. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Depending on the bundt cake pan you use the bake time will need to be adjusted, a wider bundt cake will cook quicker than a deeper bundt cake. Let the lemon cake cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes then gently place the wire rack. As soon as the cake is baked make the lemon soak.
- In a small pot over low-medium heat combine lemon juice and granulated sugar for 5 minutes, constantly whisking. Pour over just baked cake, I use a pastry brush to get every nook and cranny of the cake. Let cool completely.
- While the cake is cooling prepare lemon glaze. In a bowl combine powdered sugar, lemon juice, and a splash of milk. Drizzle on top of the cooled cake. Let glaze set for a few minutes before serving. Store leftovers in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 50
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy lemon bundt cake recipe, how to make a lemon bundt cake