- 1lb Boneless and Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Ground Pepper and Onion Salt
- Fresh Herbs or Your Other Favorite Spices
- Make sure to use good quality chicken. Open your packet of chicken and sprinkle on your spices. Then place the chicken spices side down in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Sprinkle the same spices on the now bare side of chicken. Then add water to the pot to cover the chicken about 1/2 an inch above the chicken.
- Set on the stove over high heat, once the water comes to a boil lower heat to medium to keep a nice simmer. Cook for approx. 15-20 more minutes. Depending on how thick your chicken breasts are. The breasts I used were quite thick so it took 20 minutes. Always ALWAYS use an instant thermometer when cooking chicken, you want it to reach an internal temperature of at least 165F this ensure it is cooked throughout. I poke my thermometer in numerous places including the thickest part of the chicken.
- When chicken is done cooking transfer to the bowl of an electric mixer. Let cool in the bowl for 20 minutes then using a paddle attachment mix the chicken for 2 minutes this gives you shredded chicken.
- Store in the fridge up until using.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: Dinner
- Method: cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: how to boil chicken, how to make shredded chicken