This easy recipe for Guinness Cheesecake is rich and delicious. Baked on top of an Oreo crust and topped with fresh whipped cream and chocolate shavings this cheesecake recipe will be a new favorite. Perfect for a St. Patrick's Day or the Guinness lover in your life!
- 5oz (1 Cup ish) Oreos, Crushed
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted
- 6oz Guinness Stout- reduced to 3oz
- 2 oz (4 Tablespoons) Heavy Cream
- 6 oz (1 Cup) Chopped Chocolate (bittersweet or semi-sweet)
- 16oz Cream Cheese, very soft at room temp.
- 132 Grams (2/3 cup) Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temp.
- 1 Large Egg Yolk, at room temp.
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Shavings
- Grease a 6-inch springform pan set aside. Preheat oven to 325F. In a food processor, crush the Oreos till they become a fine crumb. Add melted butter, stirring until fully combined. Press into bottom and slightly up upsides of prepared pan, use a cup to tightly press the crumbs into place. Place in the fridge while you make the cheesecake.
- In a small pot over medium heat add the Guinness and let cook to reduce the mixture by half to 3oz- set aside to cool.
- In a Bain Marie or in the microwave melt the chocolate and heavy cream together, until chocolate is all melted- whisk together- set aside to cool.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or large bowl with a handheld mixer beat cream cheese for 3 minutes on medium to high speed. Add granulated sugar and beat for another 3 minutes.
- Add in reduced Guinness, chocolate mixture, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract mixing until fully combined- make sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl so you have no white marks. Add in eggs and yolk and mix until just combined. You should have a creamy batter with no lumps. Pour into prepared pan.
- Place the springform pan in a larger cake pan- place cake pan in roasting pan and fill roasting pan with hot water halfway up the sides of the cake pan. This prevents ANY water from getting in the cheesecake and you don't have to wrap everything with foil.
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes, the middle of the cheesecake should jiggle just a little bit. Turn oven off and let cool in oven for 45 minutes to one hour then take out of roasting pan and let cool on the counter for one hour then wrap with plastic wrap and chill for a minimum of 6 hours or overnight.
- Serve with whipped cream and chocolate shavings. (Use a vegetable peeler and to peel chocolate from a large bar) Store cheesecake in the fridge.
This is a 6-inch cheesecake if you want to bake a larger 9-inch cheesecake just adjust the ingredients by multiplying them by 1.5. For the eggs, I would do 3 eggs and 2 egg yolks. Also, bake the cheesecake for closer to 85-95 minutes or until just the inner 1-2 inches is slightly jiggly.
Keywords: cheesecake recipe, guinness dessert, chocolate guinness dessert