Delicious and moist this Gingerbread Bundt Cake recipe is full of warming gingerbread spices and topped with a browned butter glaze.
- 8oz (1 Cup) Unsalted Butter, softened to room temperature
- 200 Grams (1 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 150 Grams (3/4 Cup) Brown Sugar
- 6oz (3/4 Cup) Molasses
- 4 Large Happy Egg Free-est of the Free Range™ Eggs, at room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 375 Grams (3 Cups) All-Purpose Flour/ Plain Flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 Tablespoons Ground Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Whole Milk
- 40z (1/2 Cup) Sour Cream
Brown Butter Glaze
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Unsalted Butter, browned
- 188 Grams- 250 Grams (1 1/2- 2 Cups ) Powderd Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
Gingerbread Bundt Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C and heavily grease a 10-cup bundt pan.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the all purpose flour, baking soda, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and ground cloves.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or a large bowl with a handheld whisk, beat the softened butter with both sugars for 3-5 minutes. It is important to get the butter sugar mixture very light and fluffy. When the mixture is fluffy, add the molasses and mix to combine. Scrape down the sides to ensure you are getting every nook and cranny.
- Add eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl after each addition. Add half of the flour mixture, and use a spatula to gently fold in.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, whole milk, and vanilla extract.
- Add the milk mixture to the cake batter—again, gently folding in. Then, finally, add the remaining flour mixture.
- Pour the gingerbread batter into the prepared bundt pan. I use an offset spatula to spread the batter into an even layer.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until, when you gently press the center of the cake, it bounces back or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with no wet batter; moist crumbs are okay. Let the cake cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes before placing a plate on top and flipping it over to invert the cake out of the pan.
Brown Butter Glaze (Optional)
- In a small pot over medium heat, brown the butter (check out this post for a how-to brown butter guide).
- When butter is browned, add the powdered sugar and whisk to combine. Add a tablespoon of heavy cream at a time until you reach your desired consistency. If it gets too thin, add a little bit more powdered sugar.
- Drizzle on top of the cooled gingerbread bundt cake. Store leftovers in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
Keywords: bundt cake, gingerbread cake, gingerbread dessert