This scrumptious cream cheese pound cake is simply a dessert winner! The soft and tender cake has the perfect flavor. Step-by-step photos help you bake this easy pound cake recipe. Serve it plain or with whipped cream, lemon curd, or fresh berries.
- 8oz Cream Cheese, softened to room temperature
- 10oz (1 1/4 Cups) Unsalted Butter, softend to room temperature
- 1oz (2 Tablespoons) Vegetable Oil
- 550 Grams (2 3/4 Cup) Granulated/ Caster Sugar
- 1 Tablespoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 6 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 345 Grams (3 Cups) Cake Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven to 300F/149C and heavily grease a 10-cup bundt pan, set aside while you prepare the filling. In the bowl of an electric stand mixer or large mixing bowl with a handheld electric mixer beat the cream cheese and butter togther for two minutes. Once the mixture is light and fluffy add the vegetable oil, making sure to scrape down the side of the bowl so everything is fully combined. Mix the vegetable oil into the batter for a minute or two, until fully combined.
- Add the sugar and beat for 4-6 minutes, this is not a typo, the butter and sugar need to cream for a long time, don't skip this step. Add the vanilla extract and the first egg and mix until no yolk remains. Repeat until all eggs have been added, the mixture may look curdled, that is fine.
- Add half of the flour and salt and use a spatula to gently fold in, then add remaining cake flour. Do not over mix the cake batter, you don't want to over develop the gluten.
- Pour into the prepared cake pan and use an offset spatula to spread the batter into an even layer. Bake for 80-90 minutes, the internal temperature of the cake should be 210F/99C. Let the cake cool in the pan for 20 minutes then flip on to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve with desired toppings and store leftovers in an air-tight container on the counter for up to 4 days.
Keywords: cream cheese pound cake recipe, how to make cream cheese pound cake, pound cake recipe