Pillowy soft these cream cheese cookies are melt in your mouth delicious. Step-by-step photos help you make this simple but scrumptious cookie recipe.
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Unsalted Butter, softened to room temperature
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Cream Cheese, softened to room temperature
- 188 Grams (1 1/2 Cups) Confectioner's/ Powdered Sugar
- 1 Large Egg, at room temperature
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pure Almond Extract
- 219 Grams (1 3/4 Cups) All-Purpose/ Plain Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated/ Caster Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Powdered/ Confectioners Sugar
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or large bowl with a handheld electric mixer beat the softened butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar for 3 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Add in the egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract, scraping down the side of the bowl to ensure everything is evenly combined.
- In a small bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gently fold in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, be careful not to overmix. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour in the fridge.
- Line a baking sheet with a Silpat liner and preheat oven to 375F/190C. In a small bowl or cup add the granulated sugar. Use a medium cookie scoop to make evenly sized cookie balls. Roll in the granulated sugar and place a couple of inches apart on the prepared tray.
- Bake the cookies for 8-11 minutes, mine cooked closer to 9 1/2 minutes. you want the cookies to be just set, not wet in the middle though. Let cool for 5 minutes on the tray then transfer to a wire rack. Once cookie are cooled, place powdered sugar in a bowl and dip baked cookies in powdered sugar. Cookies can be stored in an air-tight container for up 5 days.
Keywords: soft cream cheese cookies, cream cheese cookie recipe, cookies with cream cheese