- 2oz (1/4 Cup) Water
- 1oz (2 Tbsp) Unsalted Butter
- 250 Grams(1 1/4 cups) Granulated Sugar
- 90 Grams (3/4 cups) Bensdorp Dutch Cocoa Powder
- 2oz (scant 1/4 cup) Vegetable Oil
- 1oz (2 Tablespoons) Light Corn Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg Yolk and 1 Large Egg, at room temp.
- 1/8 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch/ Cornflour
- 60 Grams (scant 1/2 cup) All- Purpose Flour
- 2oz Chocolate (chips, chunks, or bars chopped)
- 12oz (2 Cups) Chocolate, good quality I use Call
- 60z (3/4 Cup) Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- Preheat your oven to 350F/180C and line a 9X13 pan with foil and grease heavily.
- In a large pot add the water, butter, sugar, corn syrup, and cocoa powder. Cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes until it is all combined together. Take off of the heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the oil, vanilla, egg, and egg yolk. Whisk to combine, this may take a minute or two for the eggs to be fully incorporated.
- Add the baking soda, salt, cornstarch and mix to combine. Gently add the flour and chocolate chips by using a spatula to fold in until just combined. Do not over mix, this will affect the end product.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 14-18 minutes. Don’t overbake the brownies. You want a toothpick in the center to come out with moist crumbs, not completely dry. Place the pan on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Over medium-low heat cook the cream in a saucepan for a few minutes, just until warmed through, you do not want to boil the cream.
- In a large heat proof bowl add the chocolate and butter then pour the warmed cream on top. Let the mixture sit, unstirred, for 5 minutes. Use a whisk to mix everything together. There should be no lumps. If there is then microwave for 15 seconds, make sure you are using a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Pour over cooled brownies and use an offset spatula to gently create and even layer of frosting. Sprinkle on raimbow chips. Place pan in the fridge for at least 1 hour to allow the frosting to set up. Slice into bars and store any leftovers in an air-tight container in the refigerator.
Keywords: how to make cosmic brownies, homemade cosmic brownies, frosted brownies