Deliciously chewy and full of the best textures these cornflake marshmallow cookies are irresistible! This easy cookie recipe with step-by-step photos is always a winner with my family!
- 1 1/2 Cups Cornflakes
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Butter, softened to room temperature (I like to use brown butter that has resolidified)
- 75 Grams (Scant 1/2 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 125 Grams (Heaping 1/2 Cup) Brown sugar
- 1 Large Egg + 1 Large Egg Yolk, both at room temperature
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 219 Grams (1 3/4 Cups) All-Purpose/ Plain Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 38 Grams (3/4 Cup) Mini Marshmallows
- 85 Grams (1/2 Cup) Mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and place cornflakes in an oven layer on a large baking sheet. Bake the cornflakes for 8-10 minutes in the oven you just want to toast them lightly as you would with nuts. Let cool completely before moving on to the next step, turn off the oven.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine butter and sugars. Mix on medium for around 3 minutes, until light and fluffy, make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl and the bottom of the bowl so everything combines, the color of the mixture will lighten as time goes on mixing.
- Stir in vanilla and the egg and egg yolk, making sure to mix until fully combined.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cornstarch. Gently fold in dry ingredients then stir in the toasted cornflakes, marshmallows, and mini chocolate chips, mix until just combined. Do not over stir, you want chunks of cornflakes.
- I use a medium cookie dough scoop to scoop 1.5 tbsp size cookies. Place cookie balls on a parchment-lined pan covered with plastic wrap or in an air-tight container. Chill the cookie dough for 30 minutes or up to 3 days. If you chill the cookie dough for longer than 1 hour let the dough sit out on the counter for 20 minutes before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and if using, line your baking sheet with a silpat liner. Place the cookie dough balls two inches apart on to the prepared baking sheet. Bake the cookies for 9-11 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Let the cookies cool on the sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store at room temperature in an air-tight container.
I try to keep the marshmallows mostly on top or inside the cookie dough, if the marshmallows bake on the side of the cookie you will have a melted marshmallow pool which is a nice but not for the whole cookie to be like that.
Keywords: chewy cornflake cookie, marshmallow cookies, chocolate chip marshmallow cookies