- 1lb Corn, frozen or fresh
- 1/2 Teaspoon Avocado Oil or Olive Oil
- 1lb Cucumbers, I like Persian
- 1lb Tomatoes, I like cherry or grape tomatoes
- 3 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Lime, juiced
- In a large skillet over medium heat add the oil and corn, fresh or frozen, and saute over medium heat for 7-12 minutes, until the corn is nicely roasted and has charred a bit. You'll want to make sure not to continually stir if you were to stir then the char wouldn't happen or it would take ages!
- While the corn is roasting prepare the tomatoes and cucumbers. On a large cutting board slice the ends of the cucumbers off and discard, then slice the cucumber long ways then rotate to slice in longways again giving you 4 cucumber "sticks" hold those together to slice the short side of the cucumber so you end up with 4 bite-size pieces of cucumber per slice. Add cucumbers to a large bowl.
- Slice the tomatoes into quarters and add to the bowl of cucumbers.
- The corn should be roasted at this point so add it to the bowl of veggies. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until fully combined and evenly coated in the dressing. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for one hour. Salad is best eaten the day it is made but leftovers keep for up to 3 days in the fridge.
You can add more chopped veggies if you want, I sometimes add 1/2 a red onion, diced or I love to add red, yellow, and orange peppers. Depending on how much extra veggies you add you may need to increase the dressing.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Side
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: summer corn salad, corn and tomato salad, Corn Tomato Cucumber Salad