A thick chocolate chip cookie cake is the perfect party dessert. Leave it plain or decorate with frosting and sprinkles, everyone loves a cookie cake!
- 8oz (1 Cup) Unalted Butter, at room temperature
- 100 Grams (1/2 Cup) Granulated/ Caster Sugar
- 200 Grams (1 Cup) Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Egg + 1 Large Egg Yolk
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 375 Grams (3 Cups) All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch/ Cornflour
- 2 Cups Chocolate Chips or Chunks
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and lightly grease an 8 or 9 inch springform pan or a cake pan with removable bottom.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine butter and sugars. Mix on medium for around 3 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Stir in vanilla, egg, and egg yolk, making sure to mix until fully combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to ensure everything is evenly combined.
- Gently fold in dry ingredients then stir in the chocolate chips until just combined.
- Pour cookie dough into prepared pan and gently press into an even layer.
- Bake the cookie cake for 20-30 minutes depending on what size pan you use. For a thick cookie cake as pictured I used an 8-inch cake pan and baked the cake for 28-30 minutes, insert a toothpick into the center to check for wet batter. For a thinner cake bake in a 9-inch cake pan or pie plate, and bake for 18-22 minutes until lightly golden brown and fully set. Make sure to rotate the cookie cake halfway-thru, if the cookie is browning too much then cover with foil for the remaining bake time
- Let the cookie cake cool in the cake pan on a wire rack for at lesat 30 minutes. Using a springform pan or cake pan with removable bottom makes it much easier to remove the cookie cake in one piece.
- Once removed from the pan let the cookie cool for at least two hours.
- Decorate cake with whipped cream, buttercream, sprinkles and/ or ice cream. Store at room temperature in an air-tight container.
Keywords: chocolate chip cookie cake, cookie cake recipe, easy cookie cake