- 219 grams (1 3/4 cups) All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 7oz (14 Tbsp/1 3/4 sticks) Unsalted Butter
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) Granulated Sugar
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp Real Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg and 1 Large Egg Yolk, at room temperature
- 8oz Milk/ Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips/ Chunks
- 1 1/2 ish cups cookie butter/ Biscoff spread
- Fleur de Sel (Sea Salt) for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 325F and if using- line your baking sheet with a Silpat liner.
- Whisk the flour and baking soda together and set aside. To brown the butter cook 10 tbsp of butter over low to medium heat. Swirl it every so often. The process will take around 5 minutes.
- Continue cooking the butter until you get a nutty aroma. The scent is nutty yet caramel-y.
- Pour the brown butter into the bowl of an electric mixer or a heatproof bowl. Mix in the last 4 tablespoons of butter. Mix until completely dissolved in the brown butter.
- Add the brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt, and vanilla. Add egg and egg yolk and mix until fully combine about 30 seconds. Let sit for 3 minutes and mix for 30 seconds again. Repeat the process 2 more times.
- Mix in the flour mixture until fully combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop 2 tbsp or so of dough and roll it into a ball. Stick your finger in it to make a hole. Fill the hole with 1 tsp of cookie butter and fold the rest of the dough around the cookie butter.
- Sprinkle your desired amount of sea salt on each cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown but still look a bit undercooked.
KitchenAid Stand Mixer 6 QuartBuy Now →
*Cookie Dough base recipe from Cooks Illustrated *I recently made this cookie dough and it was a very hot day 95F, my dough was runny and needed to be chilled. If your dough cannot stand up like in my photos you should try chilling your dough for 30 minutes before scooping. This helps ensure your cookie doesn't spread too much.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cookie butter recipes, sea salt chocolate chip cookies, cookie butter cookies