A moist coffee cake is filled with a coffee whipped cream and chopped heath bits then frosted with a coffee buttercream and more heat bits. A true coffee lovers dream cake. You will love this Coffee Heath Bar Crunch Cake recipe. Just like the Ben & Jerry’s Heath Bar Coffee Crunch Ice Cream!
- 250 Grams (2 Cups) All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 Large Eggs, at room temp.
- 200 Grams (1 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 6oz (12 tbsp) Unsalted Butter, at room temp.
- 1.5 Tablespoons Instant coffee ( adjust amount to your preference)
- 1oz Hot water ( more or less depending on how strong you want the coffee flavor)
Whipped Cream Frosting
- 16oz (2 Cups) Heavy Whipping Cream
- 32 Grams (1/4 Cup) Powdered/ Icing Sugar
- 8oz (1 Cup) Unsalted Butter, softened
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Heavy Whipping Cream
- 375–500 Grams (3–4 Cups) Powdered/ Icing Sugar
- 20 mini Heath Bars, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and grease two 8 or 9-inch cake pans.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add sugar, eggs and butter mix until fully combined
- In a cup pour hot water over instant coffee granules. Add as much or as little as you want to the cake batter. Set the rest aside for frosting.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. I always start to check my cakes at about 23 minutes and check with a toothpick.
- Once cooked let cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a mixing bowl beat the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and around 2 tbsp of coffee mixture. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- On serving plate place one layer of cake then spread with coffee whipped cream. Sprinkle 1/2 of the chopped Heath bars on top and place the second cake on top. Place in the fridge while making the frosting.
- In a mixing bowl combine the heavy cream, butter, coffee mixture, and powdered sugar mix for 3-5 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Spread the frosting on top of the cake and sprinkle remaining chopped Heath bars. Store in the fridge.
Keywords: coffee layer cake, coffee heath bar recipes, coffee dessert recipe