- 291 grams/ 2 1/3 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 8oz/ 2 Sticks/ 16 Tablespoons Softened Browned Butter
- 200 grams / 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Egg, at room temp.
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 8 Mini Butterfingers, finely chopped
- 9oz Chocolate Chips (milk or dark)
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 10 Chopped Mini Butterfingers
- Sea Salt, for sprinkling
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or large bowl with a handheld mixer, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until light in color and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla, mixing to combine.
- In a medium bowl, add the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Turn the speed down to the lowest setting and gently add the flour mixture until just combined. Fold in Butterfinger pieces. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the dough is no longer sticky, about 15 minutes.
- Place a large piece of plastic wrap on the counter and place the chilled dough on top. Shape dough into a rectangular log about 8 inches long by 2 1/2 - 3 inches wide. Once the log is formed, wrap tightly in the plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350F/180C and line a baking sheet with a liner or parchment paper. Set aside. Slice the chilled dough into 1/4 inch thick pieces, then place the cookies on sheet 1 inch apart from each other. Bake cookies for 10-13 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through. Cook until the cookie edges are browned. Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the tray, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Over a Bain Marie, melt the chocolate and oil. Place a pot filled with a little water over low-medium heat with a larger heatproof bowl on top (the bowl should not be touching the water). Add chocolate and oil, stirring occasionally. You are letting the steam from the water melt the chocolate slowly to prevent burning. You can also do this in a microwave at 50% power in 15-second increments until melted, mixing in between.
- While the chocolate melts, place a sheet of wax paper on top of a cookie sheet. (Make sure cookie sheet is not warm). When the chocolate is completely melted, dip the cookies in the chocolate and set on the prepared wax paper-lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle chopped Butterfingers on top of the chocolate part. Let the cookies set for 1 hour or put in the fridge to speed up setting time. Store them in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 13
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: slice and bake cookies, chocolate dipped cookies, butterfinger cookies