- 291 grams/ 2 1/3 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 8oz/ 2 Sticks/ 16 Tablespoons Softened Browned Butter
- 200 grams / 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Egg, at room temp.
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Toffee Bits
- 9oz Chocolate Chips (milk or dark)
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 2/3 cups Toasted Pecans
- Sea Salt, for sprinkling
- In a medium bowl add the flour, baking powder, and salt, whisk to combine.
- In a stand mixer with paddle attachment beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla mixing to combine.
- Turn the speed down to the lowest setting and add the flour mixture until just combined. Fold in toffee bits and then cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until no longer sticky, about 15 minutes.
- Place a large piece of plastic wrap on the counter and put the chilled dough on top. Shape dough into a rectangular log about 15 inches long by 3 inches wide. Once the log is formed wrap tightly in the plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to bake preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with silpat liner or parchment paper, set aside. Slice the chilled ought into 1/4 inch thick pieces, then place the cookies on sheet 1 inch apart from each other. Bake cookies for 12-16 minutes, rotating the pan halfway thru, cook until the cookie edges are browned. Let cool for 5 minutes on tray then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- In a double boiler or a makeshift one- a pot filled with a little water over low medium heat with a bowl on top (not touching water) add chocolate to let the steam from the water melt the chocolate. Add the vegetable oil when almost melted.
- While chocolate melts get a cookie sheet and line with wax paper, set aside. When chocolate is completely melted dip the cookies in the chocolate and set on the prepared wax paper lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle roasted nuts and sea salt on top of the chocolate part. Let set for 1 hour or put in the fridge to speed up setting time. Store in airtight container for up to 3 days.
- *The Recipe is from Cooks Illustrated - The Perfect Cookie Book- the say it yields 60 cookies. When I make this recipe I end up with closer to 40 cookies.
- ** Total Time includes Chill Time
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 16
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: brown butter shortbread recipe, chocolate dipped cookies, speciality cookie recipe