Thick and chewy chocolate chip cookie bars will beat any sweet craving you have! Whipped up in minutes then baked all at once, no need to spend time scooping each cookie here! You won't miss the cookie shape with these bars!
- 6oz (3/4 Cup) Unsalted Butter, softened to room temperature
- 100 grams (1/2 Cup) Granulated/ Caster Sugar
- 150 grams (3/4 Cup) Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Egg + 1 Large Egg Yolk, at room temperature
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 281 grams (2 1/4 Cups) All-Purpose/ Plain Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Cornstarch/ Cornflour
- 270 grams (1 1/2 Cups) Chocolate Chips or Chunks
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and line with foil and lightly grease an 8 or 9 inch baking pan.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine butter and sugars. Mix on medium for around 2 minutes, until light and fluffy. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl to ensure all is combined.
- Stir in vanilla, egg, and egg yolk, making sure to mix until fully combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl again.
- Gently fold in dry ingredients and chocolate chunks until just combined. I like to save a few of the chocolate pieces to place on top of the bars before baking, just for aesthetics.
- Pour cookie dough into prepared pan and gently press into an even layer. Bake the cookie bars for 19-26 minutes*. The edges should be golden brown and pulling from the edge of the pan, the center will still giggle a bit.
- Let the bars cool in the pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes then slice and serve. Store leftovers in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
*For thick bars as pictured I used an 8-inch pan and baked for 24-26 minutes. For thinner bars bake in a 9-inch pan and bake for 19-22 minutes. The bars should look very set around the edges and not totally set in the center, still have a little sheen. If you do not like a softer almost gooey cookie center bake the bars for an additional 3-5 minutes, just watch carefully not to burn the bars.
Keywords: chocolate chip cookie bar recipe, chocolate chip blondies, chocolate chunk cookie bars