Delicious and easy these chicken parmesan meatballs are perfect as an appetizer, on top of spaghetti, or inside a sandwich. Step-by-step photos help you make this easy ground chicken recipe.
- 1lb Ground Chicken
- 1 Teaspoon Each of Ground Black Pepper and Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Each of Salt, Dried Basil, Oregano, and Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 Cup Italian Breadcrumbs (Regular would work- just add some Italian Seasoning)
- 1/3 Cup Grated Parmesean Cheese
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/3 Cup Italian Breadcrumbs
- 16oz (2 Cups) Marinara Sauce
- 3oz ish (8–12 Thin Slices) Fresh Mozzarella
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Preheat oven to 350F/ 180c.
- In a large bowl mix together all meatball ingredients. Use your hands and mix until it comes together as a ball. Use a medium cookie scoop to make balls. Roll in your hands to make them round, wet hands if the meat is sticking too much to your hands.
- In a small bowl add the Italian breadcrumbs and roll each meatball in to fully coat.
- In a large oven proof skillet over medium heat add olive oil and add half of the meatballs, every minute and a half rotate the meatball so all sides will evenly brown. After 4 turns remove the meatballs and cook the remaining meatballs.
- Once all meatballs are cooked remove from the skillet and remove skillet from the heat. Pour out an excess olive oil in the skillet. Add marinara saue in the dirty skillet and place meatballs on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from oven and add slices of mozzarella cheese. Bake for another five minutes, check the internal temperature of the chicken has reached 165F/ 74C. If the cheese has not browned yet turn the broiler on for a minute or two. Remove from oven sprinkle fresh basil leaves on top. Serve as is, over pasta, or in a sandwich.
Keywords: chicken parm meatballs, baked chicken meatballs, how to make chicken meatballs