- 2oz (1/4 Cup) Unsalted Butter, browned
- 2oz (1/4 Cup) Unsalted Butter, cut into small cubes
- 150 grams/ 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 50 grams/ 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 61 grams/ 1/4 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Egg Yolk, at room temp.
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 240 grams/ 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1.5 Teaspoon Salt
- 1.5 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 Teaspoons Cornstarch
- 8oz/ 1 Cup Chocolate Chunks/ Chips
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat melt the first 2oz of butter, watch carefully and mix constantly. The butter will begin to turn more of a golden color with brown flecks and become foamy, you will smell a nutty aroma. This is browned butter, take it off before it becomes burnt butter.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer add the brown butter and the regular butter. Add the brown sugar and granulated mix and beat for 2 minutes. Add in pumpkin puree, egg yolk, and vanilla extract beat for two minutes. After the two minutes let the batter rest for 30 seconds and repeat the process 2 more times.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, salt, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and cornstarch.
- Slowly add flour mixture to the wet mixture, mixing just until combined. Fold in chocolate chunks. Place dough covered in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and line a baking sheet with a Silpat liner or parchment paper.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons balls of dough and bake for 9-11 minutes, the cookies should be just set and not look "wet" on the tops. Let cookies cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Store in an airtight container for 5 days.
*Total Time includes Chill Time
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 11
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin cookie recipe, chewy cookies