Chewy Guinness Gingerbread Cookies are filled with heavenly spices. These chewy cookies are perfect for the holidays, a perfect Christmas cookie, and an amazing ice cream holder!!
- 1 11.2oz Bottle of Guinness, (reduced to 2oz -See instructions)
- 6oz (3/4 Cup) Unsalted Butter, at room temp.
- 150 Grams (3/4 Cup) Brown Sugar
- 100 Grams (1/2) Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large Egg Yolk, at room temp.
- 1.5oz Molasses
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 313 Grams (2.5 Cups) All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 3/4 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 100 Grams (1/2 cup) Granulated Sugar for rolling
- In a saucepan over low to medium heat add the bottle of Guinness and cook for 20 to 30 minutes, or until it has reduced down to 2 ounces. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer add the butter and sugar‘s, beating for 2 to 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg yolk, molasses, vanilla extract and Guinness mixture. And mix for a minute or two-at first the mixture will look curdled but it will come together.
- In a large bowl whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, ground ginger, ground cloves, and ground cinnamon.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the wet ingredients folding until combined then add the rest until just combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop your cookies and place them on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl add half a cup of granulated sugar and roll each bowl of cookie dough in the sugar, then play six on the tray and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until just said. Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack
*Recipe adapted from Taste of Home
Keywords: chewy gingerbread cookies, Guinness gingerbread dessert, Christmas cookie recipe