- 1 Frozen Puff Pastry Sheet
- 1 Large Egg
- 3/4 cup Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
- Spices, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 415F/213C and line a half sheet pan with a silicone liner or parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured work surface roll out one sheet of thawed puff pastry to just a little bit longer and wider than it comes.
- Crack an egg and whisk together. Use a pastry brush to brush the egg wash all over the pastry. Sprinkle the cheese all over on top and if desired add spices now too. Use your clean hand to gently press the cheese into the pastry.
- Use a pizza slicer or knife to cut the pastry short way into 1/2" -3/4" strips. Take one strip and twirl both ends at the same time to make a twist. Repeat with all strips. Lay 1 1/2" apart on a baking tray. Place in the freezer for 5 minutes to re-chill. Use the pastry brush to brush any exposed pastry with egg wash.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Best eaten right away, or the same day. Leftovers can keep in an air-tight container for up to three days- reheat in the oven for a few minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: English
Keywords: puff pastry cheese straws, cheesy puff pastry straws