Chai Spice Mixture
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cloves, Nutmeg and Cardamon
- 7oz Biscoff/ Speculoos Biscuits finely crushed
- 1oz Butter, melted
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Chai Spice Mix
- 16oz Cream Cheese softened (2-8oz blocks)
- 125 grams (1/2 cup heaping) Granulated Sugar
- 2oz Sour Cream
- 1oz Heavy Cream
- 1 Vanilla Bean Pod, scraped
- 2 Teaspoons Chai Spice Mix
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temp.
- 8oz Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Dry Milk Powder
Chai Spice Mixture
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease an 8-inch springform pan or 8-inch pan with removable bottom, set aside. In a small bowl combine ground ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and cardamon. Whisk until combined, set aside,
- In a food processor add Biscoff biscuits and pulse until fine crumbs. Then in a large bowl add crumbs, 1 teaspoon of Chai Spices and melted butter, mix to combine. Then evenly press up the sides and bottom of the pan. Bake for 10 minutes in the oven.
- Add cream cheese to the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat for a minute then add sugar, sour cream, heavy cream, vanilla beans, and 2 teaspoons of Chai Spice. Once combined add eggs, one at a time, just until combined-you do not want to beat too much air into the cheesecake. Too much air = cracks.
- Pour into prebaked crust. Place the pan in a 10 inch round pan or make a thick layer of foil around and up the sides of the pan (this prevents water from getting inside the pan) place the pans in a roasting pan and pour water in the roasting pan so it's halfway up the sides of the cheesecake pans. Being careful not to splash the water inside the cheesecake. Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until only the center of the cheesecake jiggles.
- Once cheesecake is baked turn the oven off and let the cheesecake cool inside the oven for 1 hour. Then cool on the counter for an hour, then fridge for at least 8 hours. Overnight is best.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with a whisk attachment on beat the heavy cream, vanilla extract, powdered sugar and dry milk powder. Whisk on medium speed until stiff peaks are formed.
- In a piping bag fitted with a star tip add whipped cream and pipe onto chilled cheesecake. Sprinkle remaining Chai spices on top of cheesecake and whipped cream. Store in fridge.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 60
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chai spice dessert recipe, chai spice cheesecake recipe, easy cheesecake recipe