- 125 grams (1 Cup) All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 2oz (1/4 Cup) Butter, melted
- 2oz (1/4 Cup) Neutral Oil, I prefer Avocado Oil
- 50 grams (1/4 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 100 grams (1/2 Cup) Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Carrots, about 1 1/3 Cup Finely Shredded Carrots
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Crushed Pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup Toasted Pecans or Walnuts, if desired
- 1/4 cup Shredded Unsweetened Coconut, if desired
- 1/4 cup Raisins, if desired
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Cream Cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2oz (1/4 Cup) Butter, softened to room temperature
- 180 grams (1 1/2 Cups) Confectioner's Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract or Paste
- 2 Tablespoons Buttermilk Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/3 cup Toasted Nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C and grease one 9-inch cake pan.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices then set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the melted butter, oil, sugars, eggs, and vanilla extract. Make sure to whisk until no trace of the egg is left behind.
- Whisk in the shredded carrots and crushed pineapple then gently fold in the dry ingredients and roasted nuts and raisins and coconut if using.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. As always check with a toothpick for any wet batter or gently press the center of the cake to see if it bounces back. Let cool completely before frosting cake.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a large bowl cream together the softened cream cheese and butter with a handheld electric mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Add in the confectioner's sugar, buttermilk powder, vanilla bean paste, and heavy cream. Mix on low until all of the powdered sugar is combined then mix on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Spread on top of the cooled carrot cake and decorate with crushed nuts, coconut, and raisins.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: single layer carrot cake, simple carrot cake recipe, easy carrot cake