- 1 box Chocolate cake mix
- 4 large eggs, at room temp.
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temp.
- 2 1/2-3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4oz Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a cupcake pan with liners.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine cake mix, eggs, greek yogurt, milk, and oil until fully combined- but do not over mix. Fold in chocolate chips then pour batter into cupcake liners, filling 2/3rds full. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Once cupcakes are completely cool start frosting. In a cup add instant coffee and hot water, let sit in the fridge for 5 minutes to cool.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat butter for 3 minutes. Add powdered sugar, coffee, and heavy cream. Beat on low until powdered sugar is combined then beat on high for 4minutes.
- Pipe on to completely cooled cupcakes and drizzle salted caramel on top.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate coffee recipes, easy cupcake recipe