- 7 medium Granny Smith or Cooking Apples
- 6oz Caramel Sauce, cold homemade salted caramel sauce, or store-bought
- 9oz Salted Butter
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1- 15.25oz Yellow Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup Nuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Lightly grease a 9"X13" baking dish.
- Peel the apples and slice them into medium-sized wedges. Add apples to the prepared dish and pour caramel over the apples and stir to combine.
- In a medium pot over medium heat brown the butter. Here is a post with step-by-step photos to brown butter. Once the butter is browned pour into a heat-proof bowl to stop the cooking then add the vanilla extract, mixing to combine.
- Sprinkle the cake mixture evenly on top of apples, add nuts now if using, making sure to cover every spot. Drizzle the butter/ vanilla mixture evenly over the cake mixture.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until the cake, is fully cooked through, the top is golden brown and bubbling.
- Serve with ice cream. Store leftovers in the fridge.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 40
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: caramel and apple dump cake,