Brown butter makes these butterscotch oatmeal cookies extra special. The perfect afternoon treat or midnight snack, you will love this cookie recipe!
- 4oz browned butter, softened to room temp (how to brown butter)
- 125 Grams(1/2 heaping cup) Light Brown Sugar
- 50 Grams (1/4 cup) Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large Egg, at room temp.
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 100 Grams (1 Cup) Rolled Oats
- 50 Grams (1/2 Cup) Quick Oats
- 94 Grams (3/4 Cup) All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Cornstarch
- 1 Cup Butterscotch Chips
- Preheat your oven to 350F/180C and line a baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer or a large bowl mix together the browned butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Once combined add the egg and vanilla extract.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together the rolled oats, quick oats, all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch.
- Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet then fold in the butterscotch chips. Using a medium cookie scoop to form 1.5 tablespoons of dough and place them spaced out on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the center of the cookies are just set, let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Cookies will keep for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
Keywords: oatmeal butterscotch cookies, brown butter oatmeal cookies, brown butter butterscotch cookies