- 5oz (1/2 Cup + 2 Tablespoons) Salted Butter
- 150 grams (3/4 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup Packed Zucchini, shredded
- 188 grams (1 1/2 Cups) All-Purpose Flour/ Plain Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
Brown Butter Glaze
- 2oz (1/4 Cup) Salted Butter
- 120 Grams-180 Grams (1- 1 1/2 Cups) Confectioners Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Bean Paste
- 2-5 Tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C and line an 8-inch square pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper and grease all over to prevent sticking to the lining. Set aside.
- In a saucepan add the butter and cook on low/medium heat for a few minutes, stirring frequently. Check out this post on how to brown butter.
- Pour browned butter into a large heatproof bowl and add sugar, mix together then let cool for 5 minutes, I like to place my bowl in the fridge. Add eggs, one at a time, then add the vanilla in with the last egg. Fold in shredded zucchini. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl to ensure everything is evenly combined.
- Sprinkle four, baking soda, and salt on top of wet ingredients then use a spatula to gently fold together, do not over mix. Pour batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 22-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with no wet batter, moist crumbs are okay. Let cool on a wire rack.
Brown Butter Glaze
- In a small saucepan brown the butter, once browned whisk in the powdered sugar, the mixture will clump up, that's totally fine. Add in the vanilla bean paste and two tablespoons of cream, whisk to combine.
- Depending on how much you browned your butter the liquid content will differ, hence the measurements of the varying ingredients for this glaze. Use your best judgment if your mixture is too thick add a bit more cream if your mixture is too thin add a bit more powdered sugar.
- Pour on top of the cooled zucchini cake use an angled spatula to gently spread the frosting into an even layer. Let the frosting set for 30 minutes at room temperature or 15 in the fridge. Leftovers can be stored in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: Dssert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: zucchini cake recipe, brown butter snack cake, zucchini snack cake