Luscious and creamy this ultra flavorful brown butter cream cheese frosting is the perfect accompaniment to many baked goods. Served on top of apple cake, carrot cake, or banana bread bars you will love this easy frosting recipe.
- 8oz Cream Cheese, softened to room temperature, this is crucial!
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Butter, browned and solidifed back to room temperature
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 437- 500 Grams (3 1/2-4 Cups) Confectioners/ Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer beat the softened cream cheese and butter for 2 to 3 minutes on medium to high speed. You can also do this in a large bowl with a handheld mixer. The mixture should be light and fluffy.
- While the cream cheese is beating sift the powdered sugar into another clean bowl. This helps prevent a lumpy frosting.
- When the butter and cream cheese mixture is ready add vanilla bean paste, salt, and half of the powdered sugar. Mix low at first to prevent a powdered sugar storm in your kitchen, then incrase the speed to medium high and beat for 3 minutes. Turn mixer off and add remaining powdered sugar, so you are adding up to 3 1/2 cups and heavy cream beat for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- If you desire a thicker frosting add the remaining powdered sugar. Use immediatley or store in the fridge for up to a week. To thaw frosting let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
Keywords: brown butter icing, brown butter frosting, cream cheese frosting