- 8oz Cream Cheese, softened to room temperature, this is crucial!
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Butter, browned and solidifed back to room temperature
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 437- 500 grams (3 1/2-4 Cups) Confectioners/ Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer beat the softened cream cheese and butter for 2 to 3 minutes on medium to high speed. You can also do this in a large bowl with a handheld mixer. The mixture should be light and fluffy.
- While the cream cheese is beating sift the powdered sugar into another clean bowl. This helps prevent a lumpy frosting.
- When the butter and cream cheese mixture is ready add vanilla bean paste, salt, and half of the powdered sugar. Mix low at first to prevent a powdered sugar storm in your kitchen, then incrase the speed to medium high and beat for 3 minutes. Turn mixer off and add remaining powdered sugar, so you are adding up to 3 1/2 cups and heavy cream beat for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- If you desire a thicker frosting add the remaining powdered sugar. Use immediately or store in the fridge for up to a week. To thaw frosting let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: brown butter icing, brown butter frosting, cream cheese frosting