Blueberry Lemon Loaf Cake is filled with tart lemon and juicy blueberries make this loaf cake delicious, top it with a lemon glaze and good luck putting the fork down!
- 187 Grams (1 1/2 cup) All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 266 Grams (1 1/3 cup) Granulated Sugar
- 6oz (1 1/2 sticks) Unsalted butter
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temp.
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 heaping tbsp lemon rind
- 4oz (1/2 cup) Greek Yogurt
- 6oz (1 cup) Blueberries, fresh or frozen (if using frozen do not let them thaw)
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon rind
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9X5 loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine sugar and butter for 3-4 minutes. Add in eggs one at a time. Mix in lemon rind and juice. Fold in dry mixture. Then fold in Greek yogurt, then gently fold in blueberries. I like to reserve a few blueberries and press them into the top of the cake.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- While cake is cooling prepare lemon glaze. In a bowl combine powdered sugar, lemon juice, lemon rind, and a splash of milk. Drizzle on top of the cake. Store cake in an airtight container in the fridge.
Keywords: loaf cake, lemon glaze, lemon blueberry cake, lemon recipe, blueberry recipe, quickbread