Easy and quick these banana chocolate chip muffins will be your new favorite! Moist and delicious this simple recipe is the perfect homemade treat, filled with chocolate chunks for a delectable breakfast. Enjoy them all or freeze some muffins for later!
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1oz (2 Tablespoons) Vegetable Oil
- 50 Grams (1/4 Cup) Brown Sugar
- 100 Grams (1/2 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temp.
- 3 Large Ripe Bananas, smashed (12-13oz)
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
- 218 Grams (1 3/4 Cup) All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven to 400F/205C and grease a muffin tin.
- In a large bowl add the butter, vegetable oil, and sugars, mixing until fully combined. Whisk in the two eggs and vanilla extract. Mix in the mashed bananas and sour cream.
- In a bowl whisk together the baking soda, baking powder, salt, and flour. Gently add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, gently fold together, after a couple of mixes add in the chocolate chunks then mix two more times, you will still have flour streaks and that is good. Overmixing creates a tougher muffin.
- Fill muffin tins full. Bake for 5 minutes then reduce oven temperature to 350F/180C and bake for an additional 12-15 minutes, or until the muffins bounce back when you touch the top or a toothpick inserted comes out with no wet crumbs. Let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Freeze for up to three months and then microwave for 30 seconds when you want one!
Keywords: chocolate chip banana muffins, banana muffins, muffin recipe