Moist Banana Bread cake is frosted with a luscious cream cheese frosting. A nice change from traditional banana bread these Banana Bread Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting are great for a bake sale, party or Sunday afternoon treat!
- 300 Grams (1 1/2 cups) Granulated Sugar
- 8oz (1 cup) Sour Cream
- 4oz (1/2 cup/1 stick) Unsalted Butter, softened
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temp.
- 1 3/4 cups ripe bananas (3 or 4 bananas), mashed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 250 Grams (2 Cups) All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4oz Cream Cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2oz (1/4 cup) Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 250 Grams (2 cups) Powdered Sugar/ Icing Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 10X15 inch jelly roll pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the sugar, sour cream, melted butter, and eggs.
- Blend in the mashed bananas and vanilla extract.
- Gently mix in the flour, baking soda, and salt until just combined. Do not overmix the batter.
- Spread into prepared baking pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, check the bars are done by gently pressing the center of the pan if the sponge bounces back it is baked or use the toothpick test.
- Let bars cool on a wire rack completely before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add the heavy cream, vanilla extract. Using a sieve sift the powdered sugar into the bowl. Mix on low at first and when the powdered sugar is incorporated beat on high for 3 minutes.
- Spread on top of bars, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Bar Recipe: Life as a Lofthouse
- Frosting: Confessions of a Baking Queen
Keywords: banana bread bars, cream cheese frosted banana bread