- 8oz Ripe Bananas, smashed (Roughly 2 Large Bananas)
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Unsalted Butter, melted
- 100 Grams (1/2 Cup) Brown Sugar
- 100 Grams (1/2 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temp.
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
- 250 Grams (2 Cups) All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 9oz (1 1/2 Cups) Frozen or Fresh Blueberries, if using frozen do not thaw
- 2 Teaspoons of All-Purpose Flour
- Preheat oven to 425F/219C and grease a muffin tin or add muffin liners.
- In a large bowl add the bananas and mash, then add the melted butter, sugars, vanilla extract, eggs, and sour cream. Mix until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl combine the blueberries with the tablespoon of flour, this helps coat them preventing them from sinking too much while baking.
- Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Do not over mix, overmixing creates a tougher muffin. Gently fold in the blueberries until just distributed, mixing too much will make the blueberries bleed. Let the batter rest for ten minutes.
- Using a large ice cream scoop distribute the muffin batter evenly into the muffin liners to the top, if desired sprinkle with a little brown sugar or turbinado on top and a couple of extra blueberries. Bake for 7 minutes then reduce oven temperature to 350F/180C and bake for an additional 12-15 minutes, or until the muffins bounce back when you touch the top or a toothpick inserted comes out with no wet crumbs. Let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes, best enjoyed the day made but leftovers keep for a few days at room temperature in an airtight container. Freeze for up to three months and then microwave for 30 seconds when you want one!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: banana blueberry muffins, banana and blueberry muffins, blueberry muffins, banana muffins, easy muffin recipes