Baked Rice Pudding is rich, creamy, and the perfect simple dessert. Baking the rice pudding produces thick pudding-like rice with a gorgeous thick custard like skin top. The skin is the best part!! Made with short grain Italian Arborio Rice or Pudding Rice the texture is perfect!!
- 3.5oz Granulated Sugar/Caster Sugar
- 6oz Arborio Rice
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 12oz (1 1/2 Cups) Evaporated Milk
- 8oz (1 Cup)Whole Milk
- 8oz (1 Cup) Heavy Cream/ Double Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, diced
- Preheat oven to 305F/ 151C.
- In a shallow casserole dish approx 11"x7" 2 inches deep, I used this Le Creuset Au Gratin Dish add everything but the butter, gently mix around for a minute or two so everything is combined. Add chunks of cubed butter on top.
- Bake for 2 hours to 2 hours 30 minutes- you want a dark golden skin and all the liquid should be absorbed. Let cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes before serving. Store in fridge.
Keywords: baked rice pudding, rice pudding, rice